Volunteering at Boys & Girls Clubs
Thank you for your interest in sharing your time with Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake. Whether you help with homework, teach an art project, or serve dinner, you’ll have the opportunity to build healthy relationships with young people eager for adult guidance. In turn, you will find that spending time with these young people has a positive impact on you as well.
Club safety is our number one priority, therefore, we run all volunteers through a comprehensive screening process. Below is an overview of our volunteer process that must be completed by all volunteers.
1) Sign up and attend one of our monthly Volunteer Orientations: Contact our HR & Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com for upcoming orientations.
2) Submit a volunteer application: Help us get to know you and your interest in volunteering with our Members.
3) Pay for and pass a criminal background check: All volunteers must provide a background check that has been conducted within the past year. If volunteers need to run a background check they will be provided an invitation from Sterling Volunteers.
4) Complete a one-hour online training: Prevent Child Abuse Utah trainings help volunteers recognize the signs, symptoms, and dynamics of child abuse.
5) Schedule an interview: Tell us about your hobbies, passions, and past volunteer experience. This interview helps determine where you will make the greatest impact.
6) Reference checks: Using the references provided in your application, we will make contact through email to ask a few questions.